The Local Agency Transportation Internship Program (LATIP) is a new initiative designed to connect local agency employers across Minnesota with university students pursuing careers related to transportation. LATIP gathers summer internship position postings from cities, counties, townships, and tribal agencies in Minnesota and posts them in one online location where students can view and apply to them using a common application.
We’re currently soliciting internship postings for the summer of 2021. The deadline to submit a posting is January 31.
The program is sponsored by Minnesota LTAP with funding from the LRRB and is administered by the Center for Transportation Studies at the University of Minnesota.
Why should you post a position with LATIP?
- The program will market your position to students at all campuses of the University of Minnesota and at the Minnesota State University-Mankato, giving you direct access to qualified candidates.
- We’ll provide internship program support and follow-up, including application collection, initial applicant screening, insight into applicant pool trends, suggested timelines, and more.
- There’s no cost to submit your posting or to participate in the program. However, your agency is responsible for interviewing, hiring, and paying your selected candidate(s).
What types of positions does LATIP accept?
We are currently accepting in-person and remote-work internship positions with cities, counties, townships, and tribal agencies in Minnesota. To ensure statewide access to the program, each agency is limited to three job postings.
- Directly relate to future career opportunities for students. This includes, but is not limited to, positions in transportation planning, engineering, maintenance, public works, and parks and recreation management.
- Provide on-the-job experience that will enhance students’ future career decisions and relate to their current fields of study.
- Be geared toward students ages 18 and up that are pursuing post-secondary education.
For guidance on what to include in your internship posting and how to submit it to LATIP, visit our web page for employers. The deadline for posting submissions is January 31, 2021. With questions, please contact Chelsea Arbury Prorok at email@example.com.