The LRRB board and its Research Implementation Committee have had the following staff and membership changes:
Research Implementation Committee
- Kristine Elwood has replaced Ted Schoenecker, now Ramsey County Engineer, as MnDOT State Deputy State Aid Engineer and RIC committee member. Elwood comes to MnDOT with over 23 years of experience. At Dakota County, she was the Transit and Multi-Modal Programs Director. Before Dakota County, she held several other positions at the City of Minneapolis throughout her career.
- Longtime LTAP Director Jim Grothaus has departed the University of Minnesota’s Center for Transportation Studies (for Hancock Concrete). He has been replaced on the RIC by Stephanie Malinoff and Mindy Carlson. Malinoff will serve as an RIC committee member, while Carlson will serve as a key staff resource.
- Klayton Eckles retired as the Deputy Director of Engineering and Public Works/City Engineer from the City of Woodbury in late July. He served 34 years in the public sector and six years on the RIC. His committee spot has been filled by City of Minnetonka Engineer William Manchester.
- RIC staff member Bruce Holdhusen has left MnDOT Research Services and is now with the MnDOT Office of Project Management and Technical Support as the Assistant Design Flexibility Engineer. Holdhusen worked in Research Services for 11 years and became involved with the LRRB in 2013. The RIC and LRRB would like to thank Bruce for his service!
- LRRB staff member Mitch Bartelt has taken a new role as the Washington County Assistant Traffic Engineer. Bartelt worked for MnDOT Research Services since November 2016, and, previously, MnDOT State Aid.
- Brent Rusco, a former Hennepin County transit projects manager, has been hired as Mitch Bartelt’s replacement to help manage board activities and LRRB research projects.