In 2014, the Sign Retroreflectivity A Minnesota Toolkit – Updated replaced the 2010 handbook, Sign Retroreflectivity: A Minnesota Toolkit to provide local governments, especially small cities and townships, with guidance on FHWA’s sign retroreflectivity regulations, as well as resources they can use to meet this requirement.
The following links provide more information on this project and related efforts.
- Sign Retroreflectivity A Minnesota Toolkit – Updated (2014)
- Sign Retroreflectivity: A Minnesota Toolkit (2010)
- Technical Summary (2014)
- Project Summary
- Training Course: Sign Maintenance and Management for Local Agencies
- Sample Traffic Sign Policies (state.mn.us)
- FHWA Nighttime Visibility SIGN RETROREFLECTIVITY – IMPLEMENTATION TOOLS
- Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (2009 ed., updated 2022)
- Minnesota Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices